We here at SUMO Scheduler are excited about what we have planned for this year and what is on the horizon for SaaS and cloud computing as well.
So we thought we’d assemble a list of a dozen SaaS and cloud computing statistics, prognostications and predictions on what the industry foresees for cloud computing services.
- Worldwide Public IT Cloud Service Revenue in 2018 is predicted to be $127B.
- Managed Services is projected to reach $256B by 2018.
- Emerging markets are predicted to be 21% of the Worldwide Public IT Cloud Services market by 2018.
- By 2020, penetration of software as a service (SaaS) versus traditional software deployment will be over 25%. Packaged software will shrink to 10% of new enterprise installations.
- By 2020, less than 50% of SaaS providers will deliver services from do-it-yourself datacenters. SaaS will begin to “live” in the cloud.
- Service provider datacenters will hold 50% of installed servers in datacenters in 2017 and nearly 70% by 2020.
- 2012 over 50% of all installed x86 servers were outside of datacenters, but by 2020, that number will decline to 40%.
- US companies planning to spend an average of $1.77M investing in cloud computing with Europe and the rest of the world planning a spend of $1.3M.
- It is predicted that 2017 will see companies spending 28% of their IT budgets on cloud computing with 45% being spent on Software as a Service (SaaS).
- 50% of respondents indicated they are or will use (within the next 24 months) an industry cloud offering
- 56% of companies are using multiple SaaS vendors.
- More than 50% of companies are looking for the vendor to have specific capabilities and ability to integrate with other services.
Cloud computing is proving it is here to stay and SaaS applications have come a long way from the days when they were operating under the moniker of ASP or Application Service Provider. Its reach within the cloud-computing market has been growing in significance ever since with SaaS applications being adopted by about 7 out of 10 companies.
So now we begin 2017…and it’s looking like it will be an amazing year! Happy New Year to you and yours. Have questions about our SaaS platform? We’d love to hear from you. Feel free to contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDC 50th Anniversary, Transformation Everywhere
IDG’s 2016 Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey
North Bridge 6th annual survey – Future of Cloud Computing Stats