Please also see our Trust Center and Legal Center.
“SUMO Services” includes our:
- other products and services
but does not include:
- third-party add-ons, which are third party products or services that you may choose to integrate with SUMO.
Add-on: a bundle of code, resources and configuration files that can be used with SUMO to add new functionality or to change the behavior of that product’s existing features.
Content: any information or data that you submit, transmit, store or display in SUMO Service.
Device: any computer used to access the SUMO Services, including without limitation a desktop, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, or other consumer electronic devices.
Personal Data: information that may be used to readily identify or contact you as an individual person, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number. Personal Data does not include information that has been anonymized such that it does not allow for the ready identification of specific individuals.
Websites: SUMO websites, including but not limited to sumoscheduler.com and any related websites, sub-domains, and pages.
Where is information processed?
The Company and the data hosting provider, Salesforce.com are based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to the U.S. and other countries. The laws of the U.S. governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or visit us at an event.
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- A system admin or another user may create an account on your behalf and may provide your information, including personal Information. We collect information under the direction of our customers and often have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information we process. If you are an employee of one of our customers and would no longer like us to process your information, please contact your employer. If you are providing information, including personal information about someone else, you must have the authority to act for them and to consent to the collection and use of their personal information.
- We collect and store content that you create, submit, post, upload, transmit, store or display in the process of using SUMO or our websites. Such content may include any personal information or other sensitive information that you choose to include.
- As you navigate our sites, we may also collect standard information from your Web browser through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools. This information may include browser type and browser language preferences, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the actions you take on our sites (such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked), and other content you send via the chat feature.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote our services;
- To personalize your experience, including by providing content, features, or advertisements that match your interests and preferences;
- To send messages, including responding to your questions, comments, and requests; providing customer service and support; and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- To process and complete transactions – your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested;
- To send promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and events; and providing other news or information about us and our select partners. If any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you); and
- For other purposes about which we obtain your consent.
How do we protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal data.
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
- No method of transmission over the Internet and no means of electronic or physical storage is absolutely secure, and thus we cannot ensure or warrant the security of that information.
- While we take reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, no method of transmission over the internet, no security system, no electronic or physical storage are impenetrable and absolutely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee or warrant that information will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
- Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal data:
- Personal Data Access. If you would like to correct, update, amend, or remove personal data that you have provided to us, you may do so in your account settings or by directing your query to your System Administrator. You may also contact us, and we will respond to your request within 30 days.
Third party add-ons
Third party links
Compliance with laws
We may disclose your information, including your personal data, to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable laws and regulation or governmental request, (b) to enforce our contracts, policies, and terms of service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of our services (d) to protect SUMO, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We, therefore, will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Use of Services by Minors
SUMO Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13); thus, we request that they not provide personal information through SUMO Services. Moreover, we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal data, we will take all the necessary steps to delete such information.
Privacy Shield Compliance
SUMO is built 100% on the Salesforce platform, which is certified under the EU-U.S. and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. If you are located in the EEA or Switzerland, SUMO is built on a platform that complies with applicable laws to provide an adequate level of data protection for the collection, use, and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union to the U.S.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, or as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. If your account is managed by a System Administrator, that administrator may have control with regards to how your account information is retained and deleted. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies for backup and business continuity purposes for an additional time.
- SUMO Scheduler, Inc.
- 11545 Park Woods Circle – Suite B
- Alpharetta, GA 30005 USA